The Bay Education Foundation Employee
Tuition Assistance program is available to all district employees who are
pursuing degrees or certifications that benefit Bay District Schools. For example, a Master’s Degree in Reading clearly benefits district. Preference is given to applicants who are attending BEACON Learning Center Professional Development Certification Program*, Gulf Coast State College, or Florida
State University-Panama City; however, consideration will be given to other
post-secondary institutions IF those
programs are not available through GCSC or FSU-PC.
- Pursuing a degree/certification in a critical shortage
- Pursuing a degree that keeps them in the classroom, AND
- Members of the Bay Education Foundation.
You qualify you must:
1. Be a full-time employee of Bay District Schools (including charter schools). (Employees who work at least 28.75 hours per week may apply for a waiver of this requirement.)
2. Complete the application and write the required essays, making sure to answer each question.
3. To qualify for a scholarship, you must be ADMITTED AND ENROLLED in a degree program that is beneficial to Bay District Schools.
4. Submit all information to the Bay Education Foundation office at 1311 Balboa Avenue, Panama City, FL no later than December 20, 2018.
* You MUST be actively enrolled in
at least ONE Beacon Professional Development Certification Program class to
qualify for the scholarship. At this
time, Beacon Learning Center scholarships are limited to the Professional
Development Certification Program.